Online Payment Options
Wellington City was incorporated on March 21, 1907 as a town, and was designated as a city in 1948. Today Wellington City is home to approximately 1600 residents. As one of the numerous communities located along Highway 6, Wellington City serves as a gateway to adventure. Numerous travelers stop at our local gas stations and restaurants for fuel and snacks before heading to Nine-Mile Canyon, Moab, Goblin Valley, Salt Lake, or beyond.
Wellington City is filled with a rich historical background that dates back to ancient Cliff dwellers. Jefferson Tidwell, along with thirteen Mormon Pioneers settled Wellington late autumn of 1879. Wellington was named for Justus Wellington Seeley Jr. of the Emery County Court. Today Wellington City continues to be a mining, and farming community. The community comes together every year to celebrate Pioneer Days.
The community is located in Castle Valley, in central Carbon County, Utah. It lies at the base of the Book Cliffs, which are northeast of the city. Wellington is bordered on the northwest by the community of Price, and on the east by Clarks Valley, on the South by the Price River, and on the north by the Book and Roan Cliffs of the West Tavaputs Plateau.
All photos, videos, and trade marks are property of their respective owners - Wellington City does not imply or express endorsement of any kind
All Rights Reserved